- Kansas, Villanova, N. Carolina, Gonzaga
- Baylor, Kentucky, Oregon, Butler
- UCLA, Florida St., Duke, Louisville
- Arizona, Florida, Purdue, Maryland
- Minnesota, Virginia, Notre Dame, Wisconsin
- St. Mary’s, W. Virginia, SMU, Creighton
- Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Michigan, S. Carolina
- Miami(FL), Dayton, Northwestern, Iowa St.
- Michigan St., Arkansas, Marquette, Seton Hall
- Oklahoma St., VCU, USC, Xavier
- Providence, Wichita St., Syracuse, Vanderbilt
- Wake Forest, Illinois, Mid. Tenn. St., NC-Wilmington, Nevada, Vermont
- Tx-Arlington, N. Mexico St., Princeton, Winthrop
- Bucknell, Fla. Gulf Coast, E. Tenn. St., Akron
- Texas Southern, N. Kentucky, Iona, NC Central
- E. Washington, UC-Irvine, New Orleans, Mt. St. Mary’s, Jacksonville St., S.Dakota St.
First Four Out: Iowa, Illinois St., California, Rhode Island
Next Four Out: Kansas St., Georgia, Mississippi, Indiana
Syracuse and Wake Forest are currently placeholders, but they will remain where they are if nobody behind them mounts a charge. Iowa, Cal, and Rhode Island could be in with multiple wins. Kansas St. would be helped immensely if it knocks off Baylor. The rest of the bunch needs to make a conference final run, and that may not be enough. The flip side to all this, Syracuse, Vandy, and Wake could all be sitting at home if there are some upset conference champs. Illinois St. is in a strange spot also. I think they need early losses by Vandy, Illinois, and Iowa to sneak in.